Dig we must for a better Toronto. Some of the sewer pipes to be replaced are more than 100 years old. The details are on the City of Toronto release. Here are the main jobs announced this morning.
- demolition of the eastbound ramp from the Gardiner Expressway to York/Bay/Yonge Streets and building a new ramp at Lower Simcoe Street
- watermain work, TTC streetcar track replacement and road resurfacing on Wellington Street from Church Street to York Street
- TTC track replacement, watermain work and road resurfacing on Dundas Street from Yonge Street to Church Street
- road resurfacing on Birchmount Road from McNicoll Avenue to Steeles Avenue East
- road resurfacing and watermain work on Don Mills Road from north of Lawrence Avenue to Wynford Drive
- road resurfacing on Burnhamthorpe Road from Dundas Street West to Martin Grove Road
- road resurfacing on Lake Shore Boulevard from Leslie Street to Woodbine Avenue
- bridge rehabilitation work for Queensway Bridge over the Humber River, and
- TTC track work at the intersection of Queen Street and McCaul Street.