The Toronto Star reports that Concordia University in Montreal has launched an investigation into the culture that allegedly existed in a creative writing program that has produced many top Canadian authors. Much of the concern surrounds the lifestyle of the late professor Robert Allen who in the 1980s, as a widower, apparently pursued relationships with women students. It is an age-old story. See below.
- ‘The interest is in sex, not writing,’ says one Concordia creative writing grad
- Firearms trafficker who sold guns to Dellen Millard sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Nearly 30% of flights cancelled at Pearson as cold snap creates headache for travellers
- Bombardier puts Toronto aerospace facility in Downsview up for sale
- TTC posts $73M budget surplus due to drop in Wheel-Trans demand, clampdown on benefits fraud