South Bayview Bulldog Admin

Glebe town homes meeting set for Tues, Nov. 26

The choice parcel of land in the heart of the Glebe is the source of a lot of interest. The former site of Glebe Presbyterian Church is proposed as the site of a six, three-storey attached townhouses. They would sit over a common garage of 13 parking spaces and for the main part face onto Thurloe Ave. The church, before it was demolished last year, carried the address of 124 Belsize Drive even though its main entrance was at Thurloe and De Savery Crescent. There is still public consultation to take place before these homes are built and one meeting will take place Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 7 p.m. at North Toronto Community Church, 7 Eglinton Ave. E. This notice comes from Josh Matlow (Ward 22) who says he will be there.  As indicated in previous posts, with the demand for of homes in the Glebe and an added amenity like an underground garage, the value of each unit will be substantial. Profit to the builder would be very handsome as well if he paid only the listing price of $2,800,000.   This proposed project may seem attractive to residents here and elsewhere considering the frequent attempts by developers to challenge zoning with multi-level towers

Mayor threatens legal action, spouts obscenites

Mayor Ford arrived at City Hall Thursday morning in an Argo jersey and right off the elevator told reporters (and a live television audience) that he will be suing former aides and others who spoke to police about suspected drug use and the role of a friend of the mayor’s, a woman named Alana. He also used unrepeatable vulgarities to deny certain interaction with another woman at City Hall.   Yahoo   Gondak denies she slept with mayor.

The last bearded Prime Minister resigned in 1896

We’ve been wondering lately if Thomas Mulcair knows that the last Canadian Prime Minister to wear a full beard was Mackenzie Bowell who left the office in 1896. Every single first minister since then has been pretty much clean shaven. Robert Borden (1916) and Louis St-Laurent (1957) has mustaches. Academically speaking, the thinkers are split on whether the full beard makes a guy more trustworthy or sort of sneaky looking.  Of course, Mr. Mulcair’s beard may have nothing to do with whether he becomes Prime Minister. There has never been an NDP true north PM bearded or otherwise.   

No decency, no shame, no sense of reality

Who will deliver us from this strange, limited and vulgar man? Only Rob Ford, it now seems, could hope to persuade the  men and women of Toronto city council to forgive him by announcing on international television that “I really F-upped.” His shocking and yet for him, commonplace admission, that he has purchased illegal drugs while in office just makes the point that Mr. Ford can’t grasp the enormity of his offenses. His accumulated behaviour has long since passed critical mass. Mr Ford has detonated his office. There is no apology or recounting of regret that can restore things or permit him to go on.  The mayor’s refrain that he doesn’t know what else he say is to groan for. He has no decency no shame and no grasp of reality. 

“Booze, drugs and suspected escorts at City Hall”

Early this evening  Mayor Ford left his office at City Hall and issued a repeated warning to reporters. “Be careful what you write,” he said. In the face of questioning, the answer was the same. “Be careful what you write.” Earlier, CP24 said, the mayor’s brother, Doug Ford, had said the same and added “You will be sued.” Now read the Toronto’s Sun’s account of the mayor’s associations and what the Sun makes of them. Michele Mandel, Toronto Sun

Humiliating motion calls on mayor to get out

Toronto City Council voted 37 to 5 today to call on Mayor Ford to take a leave of absence or resign. The motion also called on the the mayor to start co-operating with police in their investigation of him.  CTV

Not on crack, but Brampton mayor blows money

Brampton Mayor Susan Fennell has expensed taxpayers over the past three years for items such as $2,160 on personalized barbecue aprons, $3,191 for a seat upgrade on a trip to India, $1,326 for Mandarin lessons and $1,500 for an orchestra performance. San Grewal, Toronto Star 

Loblaw, Metro profits down in face of competition

Reuters

Ford admits to buying illegal drugs while mayor

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted in front of City Council that he has purchased illegal drugs while serving as mayor. “Have you purchased illegal drugs in the last two years?” asked Coun. Denzil Minnan-Wong. After a pause, Ford replied, “Yes, I have.”  Canada

Mayor stonewalls council on rehab requests

Mayor Ford has stonewalled members of City Council this morning as they attempt to make him understand that his behaviour has been unacceptable and that “apologies” are not sufficient. In reply to his supporter, George Mammoliti, the mayor said that he was guilty of “utter stupidity” and would not agree that his decision to smoke crack cocaine was caused by stress. Councillor Shiner asked if the mayor had admitted all of his mistakes. Mayor Ford said he didn’t know. “I don’t know what’s out there.” In response to the question, “Will you get help?” The reply was “I am not an addict. Why are you asking me if I need help? 

70 percent want mayor to step down says poll

There has been a dramatic shift in public opinion against Mayor Ford. An Ipsos Reid poll commissioned by CP24 shows more than 70 percent of respondents want the mayor to resign or step down for a period of time. They say his plan to soldier on is not acceptable. CP24

Will Mayor Ford make bobble heads of council?

Fresh off his Robbie Bobbie cash-and-carry love affair with supporters Tuesday, Mayor Rob Ford will face a City Council motion Wednesday morning demanding he apologize to citizens. It also tells him to step aside and get help for his substance abuse. More than that, if the mayor doesn’t agree, Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong (Ward 34) says he will move another motion asking the Ontario Government to remove Mr. Ford from office. That would be quite a tall order and Mr. Ford knows it.  The bobble head follies went on in a variety of forms at City Hall Tuesday. The Globe and Mail videos at the top tell the improbable tale. Don’t miss the Ford Nation lady wanting to know what happened to the “promise” that she could buy more than one.  Maybe she was hoping to make a killing with multiple $1000 robbie listings on e-Bay. But back to council. Last week there was a head count of the 44 members of council (Mr. Ford makes 45). It showed at least 30 members want the mayor to resign or take a leave of absence. For some it was the second video of the mayor in which he bravely describes how he will kill one or more unnamed people. That was the video that moved John Filion (Ward 23) to draft his motion calling on council to suspend many of the mayor’s powers. That motion has yet to come to council.  During this strange day, Mr. Ford allowed to reporters that things were “just going great.” It is an expression of confidence that many will find simply absurd. It should be a lively day.